You can now set up automatic flows which will create and send completely personalized videos to your customers. All this can be achieved with Synthesia Zapier app - without any code and in less than an hour.
Want to see an example personalized video? Just head out here to our personalization page. Fill out the form and you’ll receive an email with a personalized video that includes your first name and your chosen use case.
Please note: this is a very early version of the product. This means that it currently has some rough edges, but we’re working very hard to make this as smooth as possible - with some very exciting personalization focused features just around the corner.
- 👋 Greeting high value leads
Applicable zaps: Hubspot, Mailchimp, Webflow, etc.
- 📅 Asking high value leads for a meeting
Applicable zaps: Hubspot, Mailchimp, Webflow, etc.
- 🙏 Greeting/thanking new customers
Applicable zaps: Shopify, Hubspot, etc.
- 🛒 Pinging abandoned cart customers
Applicable Zaps: Shopify, etc.
- 🤔 Thanking survey responders
Applicable Zaps: Typeform, Google Forms etc.
- 👍 Thanking job applicants
Applicable Zaps: Workable, Greenhouse, etc.
- You can see some more potential examples here.
- New customers: We send personalized videos to all new customers (We tell them how best to create the first video.)
- Churned customers: We send personalized videos to everyone who cancels/pauses the account (we tell them what’s coming soon etc.)
- API requests: We send personalized videos with API invite to everyone who requests API access (we tell them how to request the API key)
- We’ll be hooking up personalized video throughout more events in our customer lifecycle soon.
Follow the guide here to request the Synthesia API key.
Below you can see a visualized view of a possible Zapier integration with Synthesia. It includes a creation of two zaps. The first zap will serve as a trigger for video creation based on a customer lifecycle event.
Remember it takes from 8-15 minutes for the video to be created at the moment. The second zap will then be triggered when the video is ready to be sent to your user via email or SMS.
This first zap will serve as a trigger for video creation based on a customer lifecycle event. Remember it takes from 8-15 minutes for the video to be created at the moment. The second zap below will then be triggered when the video is ready to be sent to your user.
Here comes a bit of your creativity into play. Think about your use case and your user touchpoint that you want to use as a trigger to send a personalized video message.
Below are a few Zapier triggers that you could use as the step 1:
- Hubspot (New Form Submission, New Contact Property Change…)
- Typeform (New Entry)
- Shopify (New Customer, New Abandoned Cart…)
- Webflow (Form Submission)
- Mailchimp (New Customer, New Order…)
- Calendly (Invitee Created)
- And many more
It's best to first preview your script in our web app. Once you're satisfied with it you can copy it and paste into this zap step. Please note: currently you can only use our predefined actors and backgrounds.
How to maximize personalization in the video script?
Think creatively about the final video script. The more personalization variables you include from the step 1 above, the more personalized the final video will feel. You can include anything that might be relevant to your message recipient: name, industry, title, position, company, product, etc.
Feeling extra creative? You can even use Zapier Paths functionality after the step 1 and separate generation of video based on a variable in step 1. This way you can completely change the script based on user's input and use different call to actions based on your user's choices.
Explanation of parameters to define in this step:
- Title: set a title for the final video (eg. "Hi <first_name_from_step_1>")
- Description: set a description for the final video (eg. "Here's a promo code for your purchase <promo_code_from_step_1>" )
- Script: set a script for your video. Try to make it as personable as possible and use as many variables as you can from the Step 1. Example below.
Hey <first_name_from_step_1>!<break time="30ms" /> I just saw that you were trying to purchase <product_name_from_step_1>.<break time="30ms" /> Is there something I can help you with?<break time="30ms" /> Just reply to this email and we'll be right there.
- Actor, Background, Soundtrack: choose one of the predefined options for these.
- Callback ID: this field will help you recognize who to send the email to when you receive the finished video in the second Zap below (eg. "<customer_email_from_step_1>"). You can also combine several parameters in this field separate them with a comma symbol for example (eg. "<customer_email_from_step_1>,<first_name_from_step_1>,<type_of_video>")
This second zap will serve as a way to send an email/SMS to your user with the personalized video. In the simplest form it can have 2 steps. Let's look at them below.
Simply select Synthesia New Video Ready Trigger. No other input is required here.
Below are a few possible actions to use here to send the email/SMS to your customer (depending on your tool of choice):
- Email by Zapier
- Amazon SES
- or any other email/SMS tool you use and is supported by Zapier
Now, the only thing left is to define the standard parameters for the email. Below is one of our examples.
To: <Callback ID from Step 1>
Subject: New to Synthesia?
<p>Hey there,</p> <p>I'm super happy to see you in Synthesia.</p> <p>To make a first successful video you can follow our <a href="https://help.synthesia.io/tips">tips here</a>.</p> <p>And btw. here is a video created uniquely for you:</p> <a href="<share_page_URL_from_step_1>"> <img src="<thumbnail_URL_from_step_1>" width="500"> </a> <p>🎥 <a href="<share_page_URL_from_step_1>">Link to video</a></p>
Need more personalization variables in email?
Want to use more personalization variables in the email body or use different email templates depending on the recipient?
You can do this by simply passing more parameters via Callback ID in the Zap 1 and then use another step in Zap 2 before sending the email to separate Callback ID into several paramaters (Formatter by Zapier -> Text -> Transform -> Split Text -> Separator that you used in Zap 1 eg. "," -> Segment Index: All as separate fields). This for example enable us to pass a more complex Callback ID that helps us respond to different events with different emails.
Updated 29 days ago